Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Mother's day!


















Although as a grown up, I don't spend as much time with my mother as I'd like to, I do have the best time ever when we are together. We love to travel, spend long hours at cafés, just talking about life and catching up, going shopping, going to the movies, going to see a play; to the beach.

I could write a book about my mother; But I'll try and be short. I feel that today is a day to be thankful. I am thankful for the mother that I have and for all the things that she taught me: the importance of family and friends; being true to myself and always following my star. I also have her to thank for my love of art - I remember growing up, our homes were always filled with art, books, flowers, music and often a beautiful smell of food.

Aside from the fact that my mother is a great cook, what I love the most is how she has always insisted that having a meal was a moment to be enjoyed. It was a moment of sharing, the family moment. I always think about that, and how I will try and reproduce that moment when I become a mother. I remember it so vividly. I think it's fair to say that I don't cook as well as she does!! but it's the idea behind that memory that warms my heart.

From her I also learned a great deal about generosity and compassion. She has made it a point in her life to not only be a loving mother and a wonderful wife and friend to my father, but also a loving, caring person. She has always cared for those less fortunate and gone to great lengths to help anyone who is in need.
Her love is unconditional and strong;
When asked what do you do? She (even today) has always said: “I am a mother" and... "a grandmother of 4" she adds now...
Happy mothers' day, mom. I love you.

No comments: